- Cost: $50 -$75 per hour (Per Person, discounted rates avail. for multiple people at the same time, up to 4)
- Included: Firearms (If you do not already have your own that you want to work with), Ammo, Targets and a Safe learning environment
- Length: 1-2 hours typically, but always the student’s choice
- Cost: $100 per person
- Includes: Materials, Certificate of Completion, & Lunch
- Discounts: Military/Uniformed Service discounts available, view class description under CPL/CCW section of our website or the calendar for more details
- Length of Course: 10 Hours (with breaks, guided range-time, lunch)
- Required Items: Firearm (Free rentals available), 100 rounds of ammo, 2 magazines (Semi-Auto) or 2 speedloaders (Revolvers), Eye & Ear Protection
- Cost: $125
- Included: Certificate of Completion from AZO Civil Services
- Discounts: $25 off if you have attended a class with AZO previously; $25 off for A Girl and A Gun Members (Proof required for either discount. Discounts do not stack)
- What is Needed: Firearm (2 recommended in the event one malfunctions), 250-300 rounds of ammo, Strong-side hip holster, 3 magazines/speedloaders, & a magazine/speed loader pouch
- Length of Course: 6-7 Hours (mostly on the range)
This MCRGO course, conducted by AZO Civil Services, goes beyond your CPL license. **Please note, there is legislation to allow successful participants of this course to be able to apply for an exemption from Concealed Pistol Free Zones, but as of December, 2018, no law has been passed, so successful completion of this course does NOT give you any special abilities and you must still follow ALL concealed carry rules that you should already be familiar with**
Your training and practice should never stop, and this is a great class to enhance your current skills and hopefully teach you some new ones as well. We will go over advanced techniques that cover all aspects of concealed carry. This course combines a short classroom session with an extensive range portion.
We go over the following during the course:
- Concealed carry laws and potential law changes as related to this course
- Holster/Gun/Accessory selection
- Mindset required to prevail in a fight
- Proper holster draw from open and concealed carry
- Malfunction Clearing
- Defensive Accuracy
- And MORE!
At the range, we begin with some dry-fire techniques and then work through various drills as a group and certain exercises as individuals. All of these drills and exercises are designed to simulate possible situations you could find yourself in when you need to use your firearm in self-defense. Your skills will be put to the test with each drill and at the end of class we have a couple ‘fun’ challenges.
This course does require a minimal amount of physical exertion. If you have any health concerns or prior injury concerns, please contact us before you sign up to inquire about your specific situation.
- Reliable, working handgun (No single-action revolvers)
- Reliable holster that FITS the gun
- At least 3 Magazines (Semi-Auto) or 3 Speedloaders (Revolver)
- Magazine/Speedloader pouch
- At least 300 rounds of ammo (You may go home with some, but it’s always better to bring too much, than not enough!
- Eye & Ear Protection **MANDATORY** for while we are on the range
- Hat or Cap with a bill or brim on it
- Snacks & Drinks (Water, Sports Drink etc…) for on the range
- Lunch (We will eat at the range, bring your own lunch as there will not be time to head into “town” to get something)
- Chair to use during breaks/lunch
- A Good Attitude, An Open-Mind, and A Willingness to Learn!
The cost of this course is $200. There are no discounts available for this Advanced class, but it does come with a complimentary 1-year membership (or 1 year extension if you’re already a member) to the Michigan Coalition for Responsible Gun Owners (MCRGO)
Payments may be mailed in (by Check to AZO Civil Services), or made in person. In-person payment may be in the form of Cash or Check (Preferred) or Credit/Debit Card.
ALL payments MUST be made at least 7 days prior to the class date. This is always on a first come, first served basis, so get your payments in early to avoid being removed from the class.
This course will cover the basics of operating, using, disassembly, cleaning and reassembly of rifles in the AR/AK platforms. Please stay tuned while our Lead Carbine Instructor, Corey, works out the curriculum for this class!
If you cancel your class with less than 7 days notice, you forfeit your entire payment for that class and will not be refunded any money. You may, however, transfer the entire payment to a new class taking place within 90 days of your original class with no further penalties. This type of transfer can only happen once.
If you do not show up at the appropriate date and time for your class without informing us (No Call, No Show), you forfeit your entire payment for that class and will not be refunded any money. You may NOT transfer the money to a new class, and you will have to pay in full for another class if you choose to register in the future.
For extenuating circumstances, (Family Emergencies, etc…) you MUST contact AZO as soon as possible and our staff will determine if we can refund your money or get you transferred to another class instead of losing your entire payment. This is handled on a case by case basis and is at the sole discretion of AZO Civil Services.
Any questions regarding our cancellation policy, please write, call, or stop in to see us during our regular business hours.
AZO Civil Services offers a variety of firearms training courses. We have classes for someone who has never shot a gun before and wants to learn how to handle it safely, all the way to advanced pistol, rifle, and shotgun training. Read the descriptions on this page and then check our calendar for the class of your choice. If you have any additional questions, please do not hesitate to call or e-mail us.
Click edit button to change this text.