- Cost: $50 per hour (Per Person, discounted rates avail. for multiple people at the same time, up to 4)
- Included: Firearms (If you do not already have your own that you want to work with), Ammo, Targets and a Safe learning environment
- Discounts: Couples Special, 2 people taking the private lesson together, get 2 hours for a flat fee of $150 total
- Length: 1-2 hours typically
Some of the topics in the course include: gun safety rules, proper operation of revolvers and semi-automatic pistols, ammunition knowledge and selection, selecting and storing a pistol, the fundamentals of shooting, and pistol inspection and maintenance. When you enroll in the online course, you create a personal identification number (PIN). When you successfully complete the course, printing your certificate activates that PIN. The activated PIN allows you to register for the instructor-led training portion of the course.
During the instructor-led-training portion of the course, an NRA Certified Instructor will validate comprehension and application of gun safety rules; range protocol; proper handling; loading and unloading procedures; application of pistol shooting fundamentals; stable shooting positions; live fire; and a final shooting qualification.
- Cost: $60 per person (Phase I is completed online at NRA PISTOL PHASE I on your own and prior to scheduling Phase II with us)
- Includes: Ammo and Firearm usage for the duration of the course, Lunch, and a Certificate of Completion (Printed by Student upon completion)
- Discounts: None at this time
- Length of Course: 4-5 Hours
- Cost: $100 per person
- Includes: Materials, Certificate of Completion, & Box Lunch
- Discounts: Multiple discounts available, view class description on the calendar for more details
- Length of Course: 9-10 Hours (with breaks, guided range-time, lunch)
- Required Items: Firearm (Rentals available), 100 rounds of ammo, 2 magazines (Semi-Auto) or 2 speedloaders (Revolvers), Eye & Ear Protection
- Cost: $150
- Included: Certificate of Completion from AZO Civil Services
- Discounts: $25 off if you have attended a class with AZO previously; $50 off for A Girl and A Gun Members (Proof required)
- What is Needed: Firearm (2 recommended in the event one malfunctions), 250 rounds of ammo, Strong-side hip holster, 3 magazines/speedloaders, & a magazine/speed loader pouch
- Length of Course: 6-7 Hours (entirely on the range)
**DESCRIPTION COMING SOON; COURSES SCHEDULING FOR SPRING/SUMMER 2018**
If you cancel your class with less than 7 days notice, you forfeit your entire payment for that class and will not be refunded any money. You may, however, transfer the entire payment to a new class taking place within 90 days of your original class with no further penalties. This type of transfer can only happen once.
If you do not show up at the appropriate date and time for your class (No Call, No Show) you forfeit your entire payment for that class and will not be refunded any money. You may NOT transfer the money to a new class, and you will have to pay in full for another class if you choose to register in the future.
For extenuating circumstances, (Family Emergencies, etc…) you MUST contact AZO as soon as possible and our staff will determine if we can refund your money or get you transferred to another class instead of losing your entire payment. This is handled on a case by case basis and is at the sole discretion of AZO Civil Services.
Any questions regarding our cancellation policy, please write, call, or stop in to see us during our regular business hours.
AZO Civil Services offers a variety of firearms training courses. We have classes for someone who has never shot a gun before and wants to learn how to handle it safely, all the way to advanced pistol, rifle, and shotgun training. Read the descriptions on this page and then check our calendar for the class of your choice. If you have any additional questions, please do not hesitate to call or e-mail us.
Click edit button to change this text.