Frequently Asked Questions
Answer:Currently there are no set discounts for our CPR/AED or 1st Aid training. We do however, offer special, discounted rates for larger groups or organizations that use us exclusively for their CPR/AED and 1st Aid needs. Please contact our staff to find out if you qualify!
Answer:A 20% discount is available for the following:
- Uniformed services (military both former and current, EMS, Firefighting, Law Enforcement, Security)
- Married Couples (Taking the same course together)
A 10% discount is available for the following:
- Seniors (62 & Older)
- College Students
Currently we do not allow multiple discounts to apply, we will take the one that gives you the largest discount.
Also, we have a price match policy. If you find the class less expensive, show us proof and we will match their price!
Answer:Our address is: 8139 Portage Rd. Portage, MI 49002
We are very easy to find! Located just 3.5 miles south of I-94 on Portage Rd 1/4 mile south of Centre Ave. AZO Civil Services shares a building with Tactical Advantage Guns which sells firearms, accessories, ammunition, medical items, and more.
Answer: We provide most materials that you will need for any of our classes and always have water and coffee available, however there are a few things you might need to bring so check if you are unsure. These could include:
- Ammunition for firearms courses
- Paper should you want to take notes
- Driver’s License
- Proof of Employment for discounts
As for where the name came from, AZO (pronounced Eh ZEE OH), is taken from the abbreviation for Kalamazoo, combined with the fact that we consider everything we do a service for the public. We hope you’ll agree!
Answer:1. Simply put, we are the best! Now I know you may think that sounds quite arrogant, but we are, and that is because WE CARE ABOUT YOU! You are NOT just a number here. Other places sometimes care more about how many students they can pack into the class instead of caring about the total experience and keeping small Student:Instructor ratios. We strive to make you feel a part of the AZO Family! We want you to leave knowing it was worth your time and money and knowing you can come back to us any time with any question you may have.
2. We are PROFESSIONAL! We hire only the highest qualified instructors who must maintain our high-standards of training and ethics. We use a professional classroom. We use a professionally maintained and SAFE range close to town. It’s safe, clean, fun, and you don’t have to drive out to the middle of nowhere to get to it! We also have a professional staff working in our store. No matter if you are there for guns, ammo, accessories, or survival gear, we will have it in stock (or order it for you!) Just tell us what you are looking for and we can get it if it’s not already in stock!
3. We include a quality lunch. Most other places leave lunch up to you which delays the class and costs you extra time and/or money. We have partnered with a local Sub Sandwich Shop and are able to include the catered-in box-lunch in our price!
So to summarize this, we at AZO may not be the cheapest in town, but cheap doesn’t always mean it’s the best! we are among the most qualified and have the highest level professional instructors around. You will see our quality of instruction and professionalism from the moment you step foot into our classroom, and that will continue throughout the entire day until you leave the range! Give us a chance, call us, or schedule your class online today!